Edge Position Control Systems
- High Functionality EPC/CPC Amplifier SGA3100
- Inductive Autowide Sensors AWI Series
- PHOTOHEAD PH50, PH51
- Linear Sensor LSF4096
- Analog Position Transmitter FW80
- Modular Strip Guide system controller MGC1000
- Electromagnetic CPC Sensor Model:EMW
- Capacitance Autowide AWC Series
- Electromagnetic Guidance NS-CPC Sensor
- PHOTOHEAD PH30, PH31
- Strip Guide Amplifier SGA3000
- Power Guide PG300, 500, 800
- Analog Position Transmitter FW22, FW31
- High-precision Position Transmitter GYKM-LT
Capacitance Autowide AWC Series
Continuous maintenance-free operation Next-generation CPC Sensor Using Electric Flux Lines
The Capacitance Autowide Sensor AWC is a sensor system that provides continuous, contactless detection of the center position of a strip moving on a line, for use in Center Position Control (CPC). Like our previous sensors, the sensor is maintenance free and can be used continuously with no decline in sensitivity caused by wear over time, giving stable, long-term service. The sensor is now a far easier product to use, offering improvements such as taking away the need for on-field calibration*.
* If there are metal structural elements close to the sensor, some simple adjustment may be required.
- No field calibration required
- Maintenance free
- Uninfluenced by light
- Insensitive to dirt, scale
- Unaffected by passline changes or wavy edges
The Capacitance Autowide AWC Series generates lines of electric force between electrodes situated on each side of the strip, and calculates the position of the strip between the electrodes from the changing amount in the number of lines (see Figure 1). The sensor has two sets of transmission and reception electrodes that are installed opposite each other with the strip between them. The transmitter electrode generates electric force lines and the receiver receives them. When a strip enters between the transmitter and reception electrodes, the difference in the blocked transmitter electrodes causes a variation in the force lines received by the reception electrodes (see Figure 2). Therefore, by calculating the lines of electric force received by the reception electrodes, the position of the strip becomes apparent.
|Ambient temperature||AWC***-*-*-P (With Pre-amp) (0°C to 50°C)
AWC***-*-*-N (Without Pre-amp) (0°C to 60°C)
|Power supply||AC85V to AC264V, 50/60Hz|
|Sensor accuracy||Within ±5mm|
|Output||Strip diviation ±5V / ±200mm
Alarm Healthy, Roll out, No strip
|Weight||63 to 79kg|
Please use this form to submit your inquiries, feedback and/or requests to NIRECO.