Edge Position Control Systems
- High Functionality EPC/CPC Amplifier SGA3100
- Inductive Autowide Sensors AWI Series
- PHOTOHEAD PH50, PH51
- Linear Sensor LSF4096
- Analog Position Transmitter FW80
- Modular Strip Guide system controller MGC1000
- Electromagnetic CPC Sensor Model:EMW
- Capacitance Autowide AWC Series
- Electromagnetic Guidance NS-CPC Sensor
- PHOTOHEAD PH30, PH31
- Strip Guide Amplifier SGA3000
- Power Guide PG300, 500, 800
- Analog Position Transmitter FW22, FW31
- High-precision Position Transmitter GYKM-LT
Electromagnetic CPC Sensor Model:EMW
New Concept— Detection by Electromagnetic Wave.
The furnace can operate safely because there is no need for sensors or other structures inside it.
Electromagnetic CPC sensors are new kind of sensor. They emit electromagnetic waves from antennae embedded in the furnace wall and use the transmission time taken for the waves reflected from the strip edges to return to the antennae to measure the strip position.
- The system operates safely because there is no interference with the strip and equipment inside the furnace.
- No maintenance is required.
- Dirt (dust and fumes) in the atmosphere inside the furnace has no effect. There are no consumable parts.
- The sensors are compact and light, for easy installation in a small space.
- Construction costs are low.
Detection operating principles and equipment configuration
Electromagnetic waves from the antennae are reflected from the strip edges and the transmission time taken for the waves to return is used to measure the strip position. Even if dirt or other contaminants reduce the reception sensitivity, the transmission speed of the waves does not change, so the measurement is unaffected.
|Measurement range||40mm to 1200mm|
|Linearity||±1mm or less|
|Reproducibility||±1mm or less|
|Resolution||Pyramidal horn antenna|
|Minimum strip thickness||12μm|
|Antennae||Pyramidal horn antennae
Installation aperture 280mm × 170mm
Cooling Antenna N2 Q = 50Nl / min , P = 7KPa
Connector AIR Q =120Nl / min , P = 0.14MPa
Ambient operating temperature 1,350℃ (max)
|Radar amplifier||Wall mounted
Power supply 85 to 264VAC, 50/60Hz, 300VA
Cooling AIR Q = 600Nl / min , P = 0.6MPa
Ambient operating temperature 0℃ to 70℃
|Microwave cable||Special type L=10m (max 200℃)|
|Radar amplifier output||DS edge position: Zero-span/4-20mA
WS edge position: Zero-span/4-20mA
ISO output, allowable load resistance 750Ω or less
|Warning outputs||Open collector output 24VDC / 40mA
Please use this form to submit your inquiries, feedback and/or requests to NIRECO.